Category: ccjoiisr

OL Xavier Dampeer to miss ‘extended period’

first_imgAuburn Tigers offensive lineman Xavier Dampeer (52) looks on during the NCAA football game between LSU Tigers and Auburn on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015, at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La. LSU Tigers defeated Auburn Tigers 45-21. Albert Cesare / AdvertiserAuburn Tigers offensive lineman Xavier Dampeer (52) looks on during the NCAA football game between LSU Tigers and Auburn on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015, at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La. LSU Tigers defeated Auburn Tigers 45-21. Albert Cesare / AdvertiserAUBURN — Auburn senior offensive lineman Xavier Dampeer will miss an “extended period of time” due to an undisclosed injury.Auburn head coach Gus Malzahnmade the announcement Monday morning during his media conference but refused to discuss the nature of Dampeer’s injury or his situation at all.According to multiple reports, Dampeer suffered a significant jaw injury in downtown Auburn Saturday night in an incident that may be connected to the dismissal of D’haquille Williams from the Auburn program.Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said last week that the only reported injuries on the offensive or defensive line were Carl Lawson’s hip ailment that has kept him out since the season opener vs. Louisville. In that same answer, Malzahn said everybody in those two positional groups “good”. However, when asked why he didn’t reveal Dampeer’s injury after it reportedly occurred several days prior, the Tigers third-year head coach said he couldn’t remember the day reporters asked about it but “I’ve always been forthright with that”.Malzahn refused to discuss the details on Oct. 6 involving the reported incident with Williams at SkyBar and whether other players on the roster were involved. On Oct. 9, Dampeer posted on his Facebook page acknowledging his injury saying “thanks for the support. I will get well soon”. Over the last few days, Dampeer has responded to several fans and well-wishers reaching out on his social media page.Dampeer has only seen action in the season opener against Louisville and Austin Golson is expected to draw the start Thursday night at Kentucky (6 p.m., ESPN).Malzahn said the coaching staff has “a couple of different options” at backup center if Golson suffers an injury or is ineffective. Malzahn named Monday senior guard Devonte Danzey as the primary plan if the offensive line needs to be shuffled around.“Deon Mix is also a guy that’s played a lot of center so we do have some options if something happened to our starter,” Malzahn said Monday.last_img read more

Read More »

Australia club England in fourth ODI

first_img(REUTERS) – AUSTRALIA romped to a three-wicket victory in the fourth one-day international at Adelaide Oval on Friday after threatening to dismiss England for the lowest score in the history of the format by reducing the tourists to eight for five inside seven overs.Chris Woakes scored 78 as England recovered to post a score of 196 in their 50 overs but opener Travis Head’s 96 helped Australia to 197-7 and a comfortable consolation win with 13 overs to spare.“Five for eight you take that any day of the week on any wicket,” said Australia captain Steve Smith.“Nice to get over the line in the end. Pretty ordinary batting display really apart from Heady who played well.”The tourists were full of confidence after winning the first three encounters to take an unassailable lead in the five-match series but it soon dissipated when they were put in to bat under overcast skies on the Australia Day holiday.Pat Cummins (4-24) and Josh Hazlewood (3-39) made light of the absence of their rested fellow paceman Mitchell Starc and ripped through the England top order.Jason Roy departed off the second ball with Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root and Jos Buttler swiftly following him to depart, all caught out for ducks.Alex Hales at least got three runs on the board before Cummins took out his off stump and Zimbabwe’s record low innings tally of 35 against Sri Lanka in 2004 looked under serious threat.Skipper Eoin Morgan and all-rounder Moeen Ali, who both scored 33, put on 53 to ease the tourists away from that ignominy and Woakes’s fine innings added a gloss of decency to the tally.Australia made a bit of a meal of the run chase and Smith continued his poor series with only four runs after he was well caught in the cordon by Root off Adil Rashid (3-49)Head, who was brought into the side in place of the injured Aaron Finch, looked destined for a second international century but fell four runs short of the milestone when he slapped the ball straight to Morgan at mid-on off Chris Wood.Tim Paine got Australia home with his unbeaten 25 not out but not until he had run out Man of the Match Cummins to leave the hosts seven wickets down and 11 runs short of their target.“Full credit to Australia; I thought they bowled well. Didn’t give us anything to hit; It was relentless. They deserved to win today,” said Morgan.The final match in the series takes place on Sunday, the first sporting event at a new 60,000-seater stadium in Perth.last_img read more

Read More »

GCB/Hand-in Hand Under -19 final  fixed for Friday at Providence Stadium

first_imgWITH the current inclement weather affecting most outdoor sports, the Guyana Cricket Board (GCB)/Hand-in-Hand Inter-county Under-19 50-over final has  now been  rescheduled to Friday, the Guyana Cricket Board (GCB) announced yesterday. Consistent rain this past weekend washed out the highly-anticipated final between Berbice and the Under-17 XI Select, which was scheduled for the Lusignan Community Centre ground.As a result of Sunday’s weather, the teams will now have some extra time for further preparation ahead of Friday’s final to be played at the Providence Stadium, starting at 9.00hrs..Berbice, arguably the best team in both tournaments will definitely start as favourites.They won the three-day format in convincing fashion, and are now with a prime opportunity to close in on a double.On the other hand, the Under-17s have played some excellent cricket; so an intense battle is anticipated.last_img read more

Read More »

New fire engine coming to Caryville

first_imgCARYVILLE, TH (WLAF) – The fire department will soon have a new truck. At Monday night’s meeting of the Town of Caryville Board of Mayor and Aldermen, the board agreed to purchase a 2020 F250 4-wheel drive truck, costing $34,727.50 through a state contract. The new truck will replace a 1998 F150 2-wheel drive. Monies to purchase the truck will come from the fire hydrant maintenance fund.An outside shed is needed to store a trailer for the fire department. The project was bid out, but no bids were received. Aldermen Eric Jones told the board JCR construction had quoted $21,000 to build an attached shed. Jones continued they had looked at a carport type structure with three sides that does not attach to the building with a price tag of $7,845. The board approved moving forward with the purchase.The public works department will begin tearing down the concession stand at the old Caryville ballfield. The roof and structure are deteriorated, but the concrete is still in usable condition. Board members discussed leaving the slab for future projects.Appraisal of industrial property could begin soon. Dunn and Metz Appraisal Group submitted a $5,000 bid, while Property Service Group submitted a $6,000 bid. The board agreed to the $5,000 bid.In the final business of the night, the town will be advertising for a part time codes enforcement officer. The position has been advertised previously but did not receive much response. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 03/11/2020-6AM)Share this:FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Read More »

Jokanovic frustrated after dramatic Fulham draw

first_img Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Local Area Millionaire Reveals How to Get Rich with Bitcoin, Without Buying Bitcoin x Easy Way to Generate Extra Income x 20 Heartbreaking Selfies Taken Right Before Tragedy. # 10 is Insane x Last Nights Episode Left Viewers Speechless! x These Twins Were Named ‘Most Beautiful in the World,’ Wait Till You See Them Now x 39 Eye-opening Photos Smuggled out of North Korea x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic blamed missed chances and a poor defensive display for their failure to take victory from an eight-goal thriller at Wolves.The Whites threw away a 3-1 half-time lead and appeared to be heading for defeat when Dave Edwards made it 4-3 in the 90th minute.But Floyd Ayite struck deep into stoppage time to rescue a point – although it was not enough to placate a frustrated Jokanovic.AdChoices广告He said: “Generally we controlled many things. We could score some more goals and be more clinical. We didn’t kill the game.“They put in the box many, many crosses. We didn’t manage our situation very well, especially in the last half hour.“Very simple football created us so many problems. In this situation we have to be more solid. We have to try and not show our weaknesses like we did today.“In the period before they scored their second goal we had a few chances. After they scored that goal, we had a few chances.“At the end, we didn’t kill the game, we weren’t solid enough in the defensive line and this is the result.” See also:Fulham snatch point in eight-goal thrillerlast_img read more

Read More »

Grigor Dimitrov trains with Rafael Nadal in Mallorca: TennisKafe

first_imgDespite the early dropout from the US Open, Grigor Dimitrov’s desire to play has not diminished at all. On the contrary – in recent days, our first racket trains together not with anyone, but with the tennis player who has a reputation as the most diligent worker in the Tour.From posts on Instagram and Twitter it became clear that Grigor Dimitrov has been training together with Rafael Nadal for several days at the Spaniard’s academy in Mallorca. Yesterday, the two practiced on hard courts, as the rain forced them to stay indoors, but today the weather conditions allowed them to train on clay. This is not the first time Dimitrov has trained at the Matador Academy. Our first rocket did this in 2017, and the process was obviously fruitful, as a little later the Bulgarian achieved one of the greatest successes in his career – winning the title of Masters in Cincinnati. The Bulgarian arrived in Mallorca immediately after the end of his participation in the US Open, until the Spaniard took part in the tournament in New York and in recent weeks has devoted himself entirely to preparing for the French Open.Nadal will pursue the amazing 13th Roland Garros title, while Dimitrov will try to go further than the third round, which is his best achievement so far at the tournament in Paris.The men’s tournament at Roland Garros is expected to be significantly stronger than the one at the US Open, as so far only two players from the Top 100 will certainly not participate – the permanently injured Roger Federer and Nick Kyrios, who last month announced that he will not to play in tournaments in Europe.TennisKafe.comlast_img read more

Read More »

Tokyo Olympics could help Sapporo land 2030 Winter Games

first_imgLast Updated: 15th July, 2020 09:42 IST Tokyo Olympics Could Help Sapporo Land 2030 Winter Games The president of the JOC said Tuesday that if Tokyo can pull off next year’s Summer Games, then the city of Sapporo could be in good standing to hold 2030 Oly SUBSCRIBE TO US FOLLOW US COMMENT The president of the Japanese Olympic Committee said Tuesday that if Tokyo can pull off next year’s Summer Games, then the city of Sapporo could be in good standing to hold the 2030 Winter Olympics.Yasuhiro Yamashita, a former Olympic gold medalist in judo, acknowledged in a news conference that it will be difficult holding the Olympics next year. And he pointed out that nobody can know the state of the coronavirus pandemic in a few months or next year.We have heard many concerns about whether the Olympics and Paralympics can be actually held as well as suggestions for canceling the games,” Yamashita said.We are currently going through the situation that nobody has ever experienced before and we would like to focus on what we should do now.” He added that if the Tokyo Olympics are held successfully, then we can have a clear prospect for the possibility of hosting 2030 in Sapporo.The marathons and race walks for next year’s Olympics have been moved to Sapporo because of cooler weather. That will give the northern Japanese city a chance to show off to IOC officials.Japan has already acknowledged its interest in 2030 but could get competition from Salt Lake City, or a Spanish bid linked to Barcelona and the Pyrenees.Sapporo held the 1972 Winter Olympics, and Salt Lake was the host in 2002. Barcelona held the 1992 Summer Olympics.Beijing will hold the 2022 Winter Olympics, followed in 2026 by the Italian cities Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo.Yamashita also said he backed proposals by the Tokyo organizing committee and the Switzerland-base International Olympic Committee to simplify next year’s Olympics.Neither the IOC nor local organizers have offered any specifics about what will be eliminated. They have said that sports events will not be cut, nor will the quota of 11,000 Olympic athletes and 4,400 Paralympians.Estimates in Japan suggest the one-year delay will cost $2 billion to $6 billion, with most of the expense falling to Japanese taxpayers.We will not gain support from Japanese citizens unless we simplify the games and focus less on flamboyancy and concentrate more on efficiency,” Yamashita said. Image credits: AP WATCH US LIVEcenter_img Associated Press Television News First Published: 15th July, 2020 09:42 IST Written By LIVE TVlast_img read more

Read More »

Mike Tyson knew he’d hit rock-bottom after attacking 7 prostitutes while high on cocaine with morphine drip in his arm

first_img 10 Best Travel Destinations in Taiwan DayZ Amazing Mods ~ More Cars, More Guns, More Gore! Football player touch female referee s breast! 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! Animals are so funny that you can die of laughter MIKE TYSON has declared that he knew he hit rock-bottom following an incident in 2009 which involved seven prostitutes, cocaine and a morphine drip in his arm.The former world heavyweight revealed he started beating the women up after becoming paranoid they were about to steal from him.Boxing legend Mike Tyson has revealed he hit rock-bottom in 2009 following an incident at a hotelThe 53-year-old – who recently stated he is back in training amid plans to compete in exhibition bouts for charity – has claimed that from that night on, he has turned his life around.Speaking to Las Vegas Weekly in 2012, he said: “Laying in bed in a hotel room – I try never to be alone, even if it’s a prostitute, a dog.“This is really dark. I am in my hotel suite, I’ve got seven women there, and I have a morphine drip, and I had my cocaine, and I had my (Viagra like pill) Cialis, I had my marijuana, I had the Hennessy.“And I am at my lowest point because I got paranoid and I thought these women were trying to rob me and set me up.“I started beating them. I was in a dark place. There was a purpose, though, because I didn’t want to give them any more of my soul.“So this is my devil, this is where I am, I am locked up alone. There is nobody there telling me that I’m doing too much. “That is the devil, he won. I kicked them all out. So that was my lowest point. Oh, man. I am just very grateful to be here – my heart should have blown apart.“I was sweating wide awake. No more cocaine. No more. Three years clean.”Tyson, 53, has claimed he beat up seven prostitutes while high on drugsCredit: PA:Press AssociationFormer world heavyweight champion Tyson has stated he wants to compete in exhibition boutsIn a discussion with boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard last month, Tyson admitted how he is still fearful of his former self coming out as he claimed to being “scared” of the person he once was.Tyson – who once offered a zookeeper £9,000 to let him have a fight with a gorilla – declared in March how he is looking forward to death.Known to be a lover of big cats, Tyson’s former trainer Jeff Fenech sensationally revealed how the American locked him in a cage with one of his pet tigers.Mike Tyson reveals he is in boxing training ahead of shock return to the ring for four-round charity fight center_img Funny Moments Of Football Best caption wins🏆 Credit @4×4 Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night. Source: Boxing – thesun.co.uklast_img read more

Read More »

Memorial services for Sam Hodges are Thursday

first_imgEUNICE, N.M. – Sam Hodges will make his final visit to the winner’s circle at Cardinal Motor Speedway on Thursday night, June 28.Memorial services for the late track owner, promoter and IMCA driver begin at 8 p.m. that evening in the winner’s circle at the Eunice speedplant he helped build.“Sam loved dirt track racing and it showed in every facet of his participation, from a racer to a promoter and track owner,” said IMCA President Brett Root. “He will be missed by all of us at IMCA.”Survivors include his wife Jill; his daughters, Cari Coy and husband Matt of Eunice, and Casey Hodges of Eunice; his son Cody Hodges and fiancée Jessica of Eunice; grandchildren, Tanner Bill (Whip) Coy, Tyson Coy, and Ellie Sikes; his sister Lea Ann Lord and husband Mike of Seminole, Texas; nephews and great nieces.Hodges, died last week at the age of 56. He and brother-in-law Mike Lord built Cardinal 20 years ago. He promoted before the track was leased to Chris Meyers and Toby Herring in 2011.Hodges underwent cancer surgery in 2015 and returned to win both IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock features at Cardinal’s season-opening weekend the following March. He sent his $500 winnings to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, promising to donate his share of purses earned throughout the season for cancer research.Hodges was named Eunice’s Citizen of the Year in 2001.  As the obituary states, his legend will live on each Saturday night as the lights come on and the cars drive on to the track.last_img read more

Read More »

FashionBuzz © 2015 | All Rights Reserved Theme by Flythemes